Thursday, April 28, 2011

Panic Attack


The walls have been closing in-
For a while. Losing the depth of
Breaths slowly I lunge forward to
Try breathing again. Becomes
Harder still.

The lights are on with routine
Perfection. But, the blending
Neural darkness fades its aura
Away into insignificance. The
Body, my body scatters...

Numb and suspended in wakeful
Coma I stagger outside to
Feed on some fresh air, like
A glutton trying to live. The still air
Engulfs me like a flowing spectre.

My throat is as heavy as a chimney
Full of soot. The more I breathe the less
It is. Its not enough, its not enough!!
Is this death incoming with all its
Resplendent potency or is it just me?

Why am I afraid? I don't know.
I feel my head bobbing like a spring doll's
And my ears feel like remnants of a shell burst.
As my bitter hands chafed beneath
The dust I knelt as if in prayer.

I lie on my bed and wonder about the past
Few minutes. The body feels detached from
The mind while it strives to restore the balance.
Experts call it a panic attack but I felt it coming
Like meeting a new acquaintance. Strong but
Intermittent.

Just then, I feel the wind chill of the ensuing
Winter... I realize that I am still alive. Oh I... I
Am still alive! I am still alive...

©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!