Thursday, April 28, 2011

Comatose!

My mind posted an ad in the classifieds-
I am sick, impoverished and scary,
Seeking lookalike minds. Contact
Me when in coma or when vegetative.

Whether days went by or years ran their
Weary course I couldn't figure. But it was
A long time since, when between a
Suspended night a mind knocked at
My lobes. It was comatose.

Numb, parched and pungent, just the
Way I like it it said. Many a vegetable
Came and stayed in my cranium since
Then. All of them hum the same tune,

Everyday, everyday! They hum and sway,
Pray and go astray, as if being pulled into
A whirlwind of endless chatter of sliced
Thoughts, images, words and perceptions.

The skull does not burst. Its tough, its hard,
Hard enough to not let the captive be free
But, dull enough to not let the walking ones
Know of the death noise and unending,
Riotous fury within.

All coming at once, with a violent force,
Adamant and sadistic, rips the neurons
Apart but the transmissions don't stop.
A constant dissection of thoughts and
Actions.

Just leave my existence. Let me be. Don't go!
Coz I think, therefore I am. But, do leave this
Head, already cluttered and bashed about.
Bruised by incessant neural activity, by thoughts
And inaction.

Don't leave but then maybe you should. For you
And I are insane, not those! Not them! We are, I am
The collective consciousness. Not those! They are
Comatose!
©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!